Albus Health is a medical technology start-up that develops intelligent contactless monitoring systems that automatically monitor clinical symptoms at home. We are looking for engineers, scientists and alike to join us in our mission to improve lives of a billion people worldwide struggling with chronic conditions such as asthma and COPD.
Our potent combination of technical, clinical and commercial experts has allowed us to gain significant commercial traction in a relatively short duration. Our solution is now in use by some of the world’s most reputed pharma companies, universities and hospitals. We are preparing to scale up our operations domestically and overseas.
Albus has partnerships with top hospitals in the UK and some of Europe’s best clinicians. We have been running multiple carefully selected clinical studies and trials for several years, and as a result, acquired a wealth of data. This data will be instrumental to further advance our technology and to continue extracting valuable insights that would prevent emergencies and deaths for people struggling with chronic conditions.
Albus spun out from the Department of Engineering and Respiratory Medicine at Oxford University back in 2017 and have since then won multiple wards (including AI in Health and Care Award by UK’s Health Secretary and UK Research and Innovation). Albus is firmly backed with multi-million pounds investment, and we are now looking to expand our technical team in Oxford to develop new products and solutions that can operate at a global scale.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Analyst, you will be working closely with our researchers to understand their data annotation requirements to plan, manage and execute suitable data acquisition and labelling projects.
Additionally, you will run and test the signal processing and/or machine learning algorithms and produce useful metrics against agreed benchmarks and key performance indicators.
We would expect you to develop a sound understanding of the nuances on the data produced by our motion sensors and any relevant reference device, as well as all the biomarkers and insights useful in our healthcare applications.
This role will be reporting directly to the CTO. You will also have access to a range of clinical and industry experts to gain insights, jointly steer research and identify novel solutions with high health impact and commercial scalability.
- Annotating events with bounding boxes and context to use in machine learning training, test or validation sets
- Running and reporting tests on a range of software and hardware projects
- Delivering high quality work within expected timeframes
- Collaborating with our team of researchers and machine learning engineers to help develop AI/Machine Learning and signal processing methods
- Iterating over labelling tasks with researchers to improve labelling guidelines and quality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, including non-vocational courses
- 2+ years of experience in a desk-based job working in a team environment
- Experience working in projects that require attention to detail on audio-visual tasks and long hours of concentration
- Some programming experience in Matlab, Python or C++ to automate processes, e.g. testing, scripting or data reporting
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning principles, Statistics and/or Signal Processing
- Experience working with large data sets
- Some experience in a data management or software verification & validation role
- Experience within a medical technology start-up will be a distinct advantage, especially with remote symptom monitoring products
- Knowledge or prior experience with motion sensors, acoustic engineering, image processing or computer vision
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression in a rapidly expanding company with leading edge technology and experts in technology, medicine and commercial fields
- You will be offered equity in the company through EMI scheme
- Possibility of flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- Regular company socials and activities