IoT SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER
Albus Health is a medical technology start-up that develops intelligent contactless monitoring systems that automatically monitor clinical symptoms at home. We are looking for engineers, scientists and alike to join us in our mission to improve lives of a billion people worldwide struggling with chronic conditions such as asthma and COPD.
Our potent combination of technical, clinical and commercial experts has allowed us to gain significant commercial traction in a relatively short duration. Our solution is now in use by some of the world’s most reputed pharma companies, universities and hospitals. We are preparing to scale up our operations domestically and overseas.
Albus have partnerships with top hospitals in the UK and some of Europe’s best clinicians. We have been running multiple carefully selected clinical studies and trials for several years, and as a result, acquired a wealth of data. This data will be instrumental to further advance our technology and to continue extracting valuable insights that would prevent emergencies and deaths for people struggling with chronic conditions.
Albus spun out from the Department of Engineering and Respiratory Medicine at Oxford University back in 2017 and have since then won multiple wards (including AI in Health and Care Award by UK’s Health Secretary and UK Research and Innovation). Albus is firmly backed with multi-million pounds investment, and we are now looking to expand our technical team in Oxford to develop new products and solutions that can operate at a global scale.
As IoT System Test Engineer, you will be working closely with our development team to understand how our Internet of Things medical solution works, including all its components: hardware, firmware, cloud solution and ML algorithms.
You will be asked to develop test plans and carry out tests for any of the aforementioned components as well as the system as a whole. The role will also allow you to interact with our customers in the provision of technical support and deliver training in some cases.
This role will be reporting directly to the CTO. You will also have access to a range of technology development experts and scientists to jointly steer and develop our product roadmap.
- Defining test plans and strategies
- Running tests for hardware and/or software and reporting on results
- Fault finding, issues logging and monitoring
- Provision of technical support and training to customers using our product
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, physics or other technical degree
- 2+ years of experience in a quality assurance, testing or technical support role.
- Some programming experience to automate processes, e.g. testing, scripting or data reporting
- Basic understanding of electronic design and/or software development
- Experience within a medical technology start-up will be a distinct advantage, especially with remote symptom monitoring products
- Knowledge or prior experience with Internet of Things solutions
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression in a rapidly expanding company with leading edge technology and experts in technology, medicine and commercial fields
- You will be offered equity in the company through EMI scheme
- Possibility of flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- Regular company socials and activities