Albus Health is a medical technology start-up that develops intelligent contactless monitoring systems that automatically monitor clinical symptoms at home. We are looking for engineers, scientists and alike to join us in our mission to improve lives of a billion people worldwide struggling with chronic conditions such as asthma and COPD.
Our potent combination of technical, clinical and commercial experts has allowed us to gain significant commercial traction in a relatively short duration. Our solution is now in use by some of the world’s most reputed pharma companies, universities and hospitals. We are preparing to scale up our operations domestically and overseas.
Albus has partnerships with top hospitals in the UK and some of Europe’s best clinicians. We have been running multiple carefully selected clinical studies and trials for several years, and as a result, acquired a wealth of data. This data will be instrumental to further advance our technology and to continue extracting valuable insights that would prevent emergencies and deaths for people struggling with chronic conditions.
Albus spun out from the Department of Engineering and Respiratory Medicine at Oxford University back in 2017 and have since then won multiple wards (including AI in Health and Care Award by UK’s Health Secretary and UK Research and Innovation). Albus is firmly backed with multi-million pounds investment, and we are now looking to expand our technical team in Oxford to develop new products and solutions that can operate at a global scale.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations Lead role’s responsibility is to make sure all our processes are adequate for Albus Health to grow and scale up operations with global international reach. The processes in scope will encompass all standard areas in a technology development company such as account management, project management, human resources, finance, legal, technology development, supplier management, and data management and protection. You will champion the continuous review of our business practices and operating procedures, identify gaps, propose and roll out improvements in collaboration with all other employees.
Some of the areas you will work on are:
- Quality management systems – building up to ISO9001 and ISO13485 standards. Maintain documentation and quality manual for internal reference and external use (eg. Client onboarding or audit)
- Data privacy and information security processes (ISO27001)
- Logistics and delivery – national and international deliveries to clients and other stakeholders
- Supply chain management (sourcing of components and raw materials – national and international)
- Policies and processes related to HR (with help from an HR agency) such as Health and Safety, Code of Conduct, office management responsibilities
- Experience wise we are open to hear from people from various background, as long as you have the right attitude and experience leading operations roles.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and maintenance of operations and process documentation
- You should be very structured, and process orientated with a knack to identify a practical and efficient way to doing things
- Great communication skills to document, explain and roll out new processes to existing and new team members in various levels of hierarchy
- Able to absorb best working practices in areas which might be new to you and roll out changes to adopt them
- You can readily adapt to any situation, are excited to roll-up your sleeves and extremely flexible
NICE TO HAVE
- Background in a technology start up, even better if this is in the medical sector
- Have rolled out ISO9001 and/or ISO13485 processes in a company from scratch
- Have set up documentation sharing and collaboration facility such as Confluence or equivalent
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression in a rapidly expanding company with leading edge technology and experts in technology, medicine and commercial fields
- You will be offered equity in the company through EMI scheme
- Possibility of flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- Regular company socials and activities